Friday, February 20, 2009

Well no-one guessed the book



It was the yellow one… this one





The spine was coming a part so I re-attached it and added more bits to the story by doing so




Yes indeed a “life in a nut-shell”






All packed away neatly in a small book







Hidden amongst many books








One day to be found by




?????

On another note...


I have been restoring this old bible for a piece of art that I envisaged well over a year ago.





Not sure how to put the story together, I slowly gathered bits and pieces for it over that time.
The found objects were gathered from New York, Philly, Italy, Melbourne and Sydney but to name just a few.




Over this weekend, I hope to complete the complex piece. It is a Visual Anthology™ that I am so excited to present after all the time and thought over it.

So stayed tuned.
Have a nice weekend.
xo

14 comments:

AlpHa Buttonpusher said...

I love love loooove this blog, sooo beautiful !!

Lynn said...

All of your work is so unique and inspiring Judy.

I used some of your metal pieces you gifted me with in a recent piece of mine,thank you again. ;-)
It makes me feel somehow connected to you to see them there.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

very inspiring !!

Sam Marshall said...

Judy,
These pieces are really amazing- love watching how it all comes together.

Stace and Rob said...

cant wait to see the bible progress...stace

Tami said...

I just happened across your blog and so wonderful it is too! You make some beautiful art pieces!

Have a great weekend!

Ro Bruhn said...

I'm enjoying the journey Judy. Love the jewellery piece, what a thrill to open the book and find that inside.

Kim said...

How clever, I would never have guessed what was in that book! I went back to look at the shelf again too. What a great idea. I love the idea of looking through the shelf of books then finding that hidden treasure. The bible looks wonderful as well,all that age and stories to tell. Can't wait to see that visual anthology!

The Governess said...

Oh wow, oh wow! I've just stumbled upon you...what a find! Gorgeous, the whole damn lot!

Sharon Manning said...

Looks like you are busy busy as usual. Looking forward to seeing some more of the bible. Speak soon.

Jo Horswill said...

Hi Judy...after visiting Ro tonight, I just had to come by and see what you were doing with the Bible...absolutely love it.
There is a piece in my show that was created using an old book cover! Yes it's true...like a wise someone told me once "you are creating sacred art out of this sacred book" :)
Well your bible, as all your work, is full of meaning and thoughtfulness. Just wonderful, Jo

Steph said...

OK, once again, I am going to be very "original" with comment ( hmmm) : WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwww ! ;)

Sweet Petunia said...

I just love the texture you create in your layers. Thanks for the comment and sorry you won't be at A&S in Portland. I would love to get a copy of the picture Michael took of the group in our hotel room last October.

Karen Cole said...

Goodness woman, I don't know where to look first.

It's been awhile.

LOVE THE SLIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!